Sunday 19 October 2008

18th Sept - Run 5km Time Trial

Banstead Woods Cross Country Course.

Was stuck in the pack a bit for the start so had to use my elbws a bit to get out in front before theFunnel, managed to come through and just tried to settle into my own pace, the pace felt really strong, for about the first 1km could hear that someone was close behind so I upped the pace a bit to drop them. The first lap I felt realy good, easy breathing, fast and no pain, time was 8.25 mins.

The start of the second lap is a hill, tried to slow the pace down a little to save my energy, after the initial hill it remained slightly inclined for about another 1.5km. I really suffered for this part of the race, wanted to slow down a bit but couldn't really afford to. The whole second lap was a bit of a slog and really hurt. Managed to Sprint finish and get a new PB time, was really pleased with this because being out in front on my own made pacekeeping difficult.

5km - 17.18 mins

1st place out of 127 (2nd place 17.52)

Going to have a go at a flat course next time like Wimbledon, see if I can go sub 17 mins.

Details of the race here: http://www.parkrun.com/Default.aspx?tabid=219

No comments: