Monday 6 June 2011

4th June - Run (BWTT - New PB)

Thought I would give Banstead Woods park run a go after last weeks poor result.

Turned up planning on trying to run sub 16.30 mins on my own. Kevin Quinn was there and mentioned he'd pace me around for 16.30, went with him and for first 1.5km felt as if we were going too slow, breathing got pretty tight by the end of the first lap which we went through in 7.45 mins, a little fast. Hit the hill and just fell straight off the back of Kevin, pushed on but by the top of the hill there was way too much lactic acid in my legs, ran slightly easier for 2-3 mins and then once I'd flushed it out my legs I picked up the pace again.

Suffered quite a bit and came through in 16.59 I think (to be confirmed) but def faster than my 17.11 PB on this course.

I think I went a bit fast on the first lap, maybe only 15 seconds too fast, then I think I let myself get dropped too easily, Once I was off the back it was completely impossible to get my pace back up.

No comments: