Monday 11 October 2010

9th Oct - Bike and Run (Surrey League)

Easyish ride over to Wimbledon with Jim, Matt and Nick (12 miles)

Surrey League XC:

Went off fairly easy to see if I could do negative splits. The first lap was ok with an average heart rate of around 182bpm. Felt OK until 2 miles in. Lost contact with the front group which was a conscious decision.
2nd lap was difficult from the start, I started to pick up the pace but I just had no strength in my legs or mentally. Struggled along and got overtaken a bit.
Jim came through with about a mile to go and I was able to stick to his shoulder (just). Average heart rate for 2nd lap was 190bpm with average of 185. Overtook Richard Stannard on last mile so at least a small victory!

Although I had a slight cold I was way down performance wise, my fitness is way off and the injury is still here. 1 month off from running completely, cycling and swimming. Also, going off slow didnt work for me, I need the mental racing to keep me pushing hard, I can hold myself on the limit for a long time if there is someone to race but cannot self motivate.

10 mile bike back with Matt, Jim and Nick.

No comments: